Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lee Scores in final minute to give Team Carter 1 goal lead!

The following is an eyewitness account of last night's events.

"Lost Boy will go to Tim"

"Livesay goes for the blatant trip on Gord Lee when Gordie streak's by him - the trip is called which results in a penalty shot which Ronnie easily saves"

"Both goalies played great"

"Defense on Red was stellar"

From the Bowling Ball Boy:

"It was a hard-fought 7-6 victory for white I believe.Tempers flared a little and there was some rough-housing.Most notable, a friendly scuffle at the Red blue line with Eddie Chasse getting the better of periennal goonboy Ned."

Apparently I took the first ever TNHL playoff penalty shot.

Goes like this, skate in from centre ice, should I go left, should I go right, should I go 5-hole, should I shot high, should I shot low, shit!!!! Blue ice, just shot the puck - I think I hit Ronnie sqaure in the chest and then I almost ran into him. I missed.

Redeemed myself later in the game on the last shift - scored the tying goal on a nifty behind the net pass from Matt and then the winner on a nice pass from Andy!

Hope that jives with everyone else's account!!!

White missed Harp but were happy to have Leblanc back.

The Lipper speaks:

White 7-6 win. Red outplayed white by a mile....First ever penalty shot called against (me) - I hooked Gord Lee down. Gord was stymied by Ronnie

Tough night for the goalies...

The Doctor was great for the Red...I think he had 3 maybe 4 goals. Carter was down right dirty last night - slashing - hacking - tripping*


*Pot calling the kettle black?

Gord Lee potted the winner with seconds left in the game

Christen hit Mark Lewis in the foot with a shot that would have put most players on the DL.

Dave (not sure of last name - plays D for Red) was solid all night for the red team

Nice to see Tim play thorough his back injuries and lace'm up lace night for white

Very intense game - quick shifts - lots of pace.

Captain Carter:

Penalty shot awarded to Lee after Livesay blows a gasket and hauls Gord down on his way to a quivering Ronnie. After the play I overheard Livesay mutter something about the previous week and that he’s still looking for revenge on the mauling Chase gave him. Lee missed the penalty shot but buried the game winner at the buzzer for a White win 7-6.

And a bit of Haiku from the original Lost Boy:

Who won:

White

Who lost:

Red

Who starred:

We all did

A well thought out but somewhat biased commentary from the current commissioner:

Displaying their depth at every position the White squad routed the Reds in a lopsided 7-6 affair. The Reds desperation was evident in the waning moments of the match when Velagic was taken down by Chase and curled into the fetal position on the ice, pleading for mercy. Livesay was incensed (and embarrassed) resorting to “ street fighting “ tactics, hooking, hacking and slashing at every opportunity.The playoffs will do this to a guy but it was nevertheless a sad , pathetic display. White goes into the final game brimming with confidence and a virtual lock for this years hardware.

Thanks to everyone who contributed. Final game next week

No comments:

Post a Comment

TNH Blogspot

Followers

About Me

My photo
Overly opinionated, former commissioner of TNH.